This project is read-only.

Hide "Office Button" in Office 2007/2010

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Hello,

This is very interesting Control. Thanks for contributing.

I can easly embed Excel in to my windows application. But I have one question that how can i hide "Office Button" for Office 2007/2010, also want to hide Minimize,Maximize and close button of workbook. I don't want user to close or create new workbook, only work on that workbook which is open by application.

Thanks in advance

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I didn't try to hide it. But after some googlign I found this post that says you can't Hide it:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/1eb7432e-b656-4c56-a348-302fb2d0f88e

I think you could do this with some tricks by finding it's handle.

And also I know that you can disable some of the buttons in office ribbon and toolbar.

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Wow this sounds very interesting but i want to add some things in this post which i think you should mark.

Microsoft had posted a component named DSO Framer in which they have given handle for hiding file menu's as well as office button also. That control is able to hide any office version main menu and even office button (application menu) in office 2007/2010. But due to some reasons they have removed the component from their post and also they r not providing any support to do same task.

This Excel viewer is just amazing but atleast you should add some handles in your component so user can easily hide or deactivate anything they want on office window.

Cheers

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Did you find a solution for this issue?